SOC’s Stabilized Camera Gimbal Workshops
With the proliferation of camera gimbals onto sets, for use as stabilized remote heads, specialized camera movement platforms, or something in between, the SOC invites you to explore this technology and how we can use it to advance the art of storytelling. Join the Society for a three-session workshop series focusing on the tech, the challenges, and the opportunities presented by professional camera gimbals. The series will be held virtually with multiple teaching locations and taught by SOC members.
- Session #1 – The Basics
- Session #2 – Studio Mode
- Session #3 – Advanced Use Cases
- Session #4 – Wrap Up
Larry McConkey, SOC
Jim McConkey, SOC
The Secret Life of the Camera Head – Virtual Workshop
Parts 1 & 2
Live sessions are open to the community and recorded for future use for the membership in the member portal. For membership information, categories and costs.
- Proper Setup and balancing
- Knowing which tool is best per given situation
- Valuable techniques and exercises to gain proficiency
- Explanations of functionality and features
- Using Physics to optimize performance
- Tips to landing Whip Pans (every time)
- Troubleshooting the most common issues
- Avoiding typical operator traps.
- and much more.
There will, of course, be time for Q&A and comprehensive discussion throughout. On behalf of the SOC education committee, join us for this informational, lively, and pet friendly virtual event.
SOC & HydroFlex Underwater Camera Operating Workshop
The SOC and HydroFlex partner to bring our membership an intensive three-day workshop covering techniques and procedures for underwater Camera Operating.
Topics covered include:
- Prepping the camera and housing
What equipment is necessary and/or good to have with you
Dive gear choices and situations
Setting up a shot
Communication with the surface
Working with different sized housing