The Secret Life of the Camera Head – Virtual Workshop
Wednesday, July 1st – 11:00am PT
Join Geoff Haley, on location, and Mitch Dubin, via Zoom, for a virtual workshop at the brand new Otto Nemenz facility in Culver City – on the functions, proper techniques, and practical applications of the Operator’s four most important tools: the Fluid Head, Lambda Head, Gear Head, and Remote Head. Mitch and Geoff will supplement theoretical discussions with visual demonstrations as well as tips and tricks for achieving the best results in the most challenging of operating circumstances.
- Proper Setup and balancing
- Knowing which tool is best per given situation
- Valuable techniques and exercises to gain proficiency
- Explanations of functionality and features
- Using Physics to optimize performance
- Tips to landing Whip Pans (every time)
- Troubleshooting the most common issues
- Avoiding typical operator traps.
- and much more.
There will, of course, be time for Q&A and comprehensive discussion throughout. On behalf of the SOC education committee, join us for this informational, lively, and pet friendly virtual event.
SOC & HydroFlex Underwater Camera Operating Workshop
The SOC and HydroFlex partner to bring our membership an intensive three-day workshop covering techniques and procedures for underwater Camera Operating.
Topics covered include:
- Prepping the camera and housing
What equipment is necessary and/or good to have with you
Dive gear choices and situations
Setting up a shot
Communication with the surface
Working with different sized housing