Thank you for your interest in Active membership with the Society of Camera Operators.
Thank you for your interest in Educator membership with the Society of Camera Operators (SOC). The Educator Membership enables full-time faculty members to be a valuable link between the Society of Camera Operators and film students and gives members access to SOC events, resources, and networking opportunities with some of the finest and most respected professional Camera Operators in the industry.
- Your name listed in the Membership Portal on the SOC website
- Access to meetings, seminars, and Society functions
- Subscription to the Society’s Camera Operator magazine
- Membership eNewsletter
- Access to our Membership Content portal
- A letter from the Dean/School Administrator stating you are employed at a college/university OR a copy of your facility ID. Submit via email to Membership@soc.org.
The SOC Membership committee meets monthly to review all applications, and after review, the Board of Governors votes on each applicant. Once you have completed your online application, you will be asked to include a credit card for your initiation fee of $205.00 USD and you can choose to auto-pay annual dues of $145.00 USD after the first year.
You will be notified of your acceptance or decline via email.
Please click below to complete the online application.
Membership applications are reviewed monthly. You will be alerted of your membership status via email.