Annual Society of Camera Operators Awards Celebration
Live Virtual Event March 5, 2022
Join the Society of Camera Operators for this unique celebration of the art and craft of the camera operator and the inspiration of camera teams and crew.
Come dressed to the nines, with your favorite libation in hand, for a fun celebratory evening honoring the year’s finest.
The virtual gathering will celebrate the nominees and recipients of the Technical Achievement Award and the Camera Operator of the Year Awards for Film & Television, and will include screening clips and live conversations. The Governors Lifetime Achievement Award will also be presented during the Awards Celebration.
The virtual Awards Celebration is free and open to SOC membership and the community at large, but online registration is required to attend.
March 5, 2022
- 4:30 pm PT / 7:30 pm ET: Log-on & Pre-event Reception
- 5:00 pm PT / 8:00 pm ET: Live Awards Show
- Upon completion of the Awards show, join the after-parties in breakout rooms.
Nominees for Camera Operator of the Year Film & Television
The Society of Camera Operators is pleased to announce the nominees for the 2022 Camera Operator of the Year Awards and Celebration for the Film & Television categories. Nominees will be honored and the winners will be announced live during the virtual Awards Celebration on Saturday, March 5, 2022.
“We are excited to be able to expand the nominations to include collaborative efforts and teams of operators this year,” shared George Billinger, SOC President & Awards Co-Chair. “For the first time, ‘A’ camera operators and ‘B’ camera operator teams have the chance to be honored and nominated together for a SOC award.”
The Society of Camera Operators would like to congratulate this year’s nominees:
Camera Operator of the Year – Film Nominees:
- Gilles Corbeil, SOC – Nightmare Alley
- Mitch Dubin, SOC, with “B” Camera John “Buzz” Moyer, SOC – West Side Story
- Matthew Moriarty, SOC – A Quiet Place Part II
- David Thompson, SOC with “B” Camera Ian Seabrook, SOC – Finch
- Mike Heathcote, SOC – The Many Saints of Newark
Camera Operator of the Year – Television Nominees:
- Mick Froehlich, SOC, with Remi Tournois, SOC – Hawkeye, S1, Episode 3, Echoes
- Timothy Muir Spencer with “B” Camera Mike McEveety – For All Mankind, S2, Episode 10, The Grey
- Manolo Rojas, SOC, with “B” Camera Pauline Edwards, SOC – Snowfall, S4, Episode 8, Betrayal
- Reid Russell, SOC, with “B” Camera Jan Ruona, SOC – Blindspotting, S1, Episode 1, The Ordeal
- Gregor Tavenner with “B” Camera Alan Pierce, SOC – Succession, S3, Episode 7, Too Much Birthday
The SOC Honors Danny DeVito with the 2022 Governors Award
The SOC is honored to present Danny DeVito with the Governors Award as an acknowledgment for his impressive body of work, collaborations, and commitment to critical social causes within the entertainment industry. A formidable and versatile actor, producer, and director that spans the stage, television, and film, DeVito has had a successful career both in front of the camera and behind it. He is most known for his roles in Matilda (1996), Batman Returns (1992), Ruthless People (1986), Twins (1988), The Rainmaker (1997), and Terms of Endearment (1983), to name a few.
“We are honored to present this award to such an iconic, talented, and truly brilliant professional as Danny DeVito,” shared George Billinger III, SOC President. “His work has inspired so many of us and we are appreciative for all of his extraordinary contributions to the business and the creative community at large.”
The 2022 Governors Award will be presented during the Society of Camera Operators Awards Celebration hosted virtually on Saturday, March 5, 2022.